Saturday 16 February 2013

Final Major Project | Chit-Chat & Plans

Last week, we were briefed on our FMP - our Final Major Project.  I think it's safe to say I've been looking forward to this project since day 1 - I kind of always knew what I wanted to do, but I kept an open mind for the past 2 years in case anything else took my fancy. But I feel as if I have to get something out of my system, and indeed give something a whirl that I've wanted an excuse to do for a very long time. And what better excuse than my FMP? 'What is it you want to do?', i hear you ask.. well, I really want to illustrate a children's book. 

Thinking about the fact I have 4 weeks to develop 32 pages (yes, 32 whole pages - eek!) of illustrations is daunting enough, let alone the fact I've set myself the challenge of writing it too. But I've always had a love for writing (I used to be the annoying one at school who would look forward to creative writing sessions and English literature talks..the one who always used to ask for more paper in written English exams..) and it also helps that I've always been a bit of a daydreamer...  I used to sit for hours at my Early Learning Centre plastic table when I was little making books for my school friends all about how to draw different animals and made up creatures. I used to write short stories for my Mum and Dad to read, and I'd spend hours drawing pictures to illustrate them - I guess it's always been in me..maybe? So, watch this space. Let's see what I can come up with now I'm a fair few years older and have a bit more 'design-know-how'..

After these 4 weeks, and a VIVA presentation outlining my whole project proposal, I then have an additional 4 weeks to finalise and 'polish-off' my outcome.  I shall keep you updated along the way. Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. As with other fantasy game apps on the market, World777 is one of the newest fantasy programs that can help you make money. Previously known as Liverpool Fantasy, the app's name has been completely changed to World777 Fantasy App. This app is promoted by many well-known individuals, like Ishan Kishan and Dhawal Kulkarni, and it offers lower commission costs than other fantasy apps.

    ReplyDelete